Morning regular readers. You’ve seen this photo before but it’s very much the time of year. Despite Brexit, marmalade oranges were available, if not in the quantity I wanted. One bag turned into enough of the preserve for three months and another frozen for later on. My neighbour has made two batches. For me it was a good escape into something ‘real’ while awaiting the ed’s decision on the most recent serial instalment.
My decision to avoid shopping in this phase of the pandemic is frustrating and inhibiting. How anyone required to shield coped, I cannot imagine. Congratulations on your perseverance.
While I had laid in a few things, like cards for known upcoming birthdays, I’ve been caught out by others. I only wear a particular type of slipper and I buy it in John Lewis. Currently closed, they will deliver, but is a new pair of slippers an essential item? The current ones haven’t actually fallen apart.
However, this blog is supposed to be about coping and not falling apart. Quite hard that ( ed).
- Have gone back to doing the Scotsman cryptic crossword as well as the codeword.
- There’s now outside building work on the other side. Men at work to watch.
- I am enjoying Mansefield Park. It has demonstrated to me how empty the lives of upper-middle-class people were and how very dependant they were on each other for society. Even the young men of the family had little to occupy them besides, hunting, shooting and gambling.
- Very good lectures in the past week from Royal Botanic Garden and Royal Lyceum Theatre.
- Put in my entry for the ‘name the van’ comp being run by Lochinver Pies. Also, am included in order for some of said pies. Yippee!
- Did some serious researching and thinking around how the serial will end.
Okay, enough. How is your life ticking over? What are you cooking/eating/buyingonline/reading?